Council Membership Information
Membership in the Council for the Advancement of Nursing is an opportunity to be a part of one of the nation's leading nursing and healthcare research communities. Anyone interested in supporting the Council's mission to achieve Better Health through Nursing Science is invited to become a member or renew their past membership. *Fellowship in the American Academy of Nursing is not required for membership in the Council.
The Council was established in 2000 as the research policy and facilitation arm for the American Academy of Nursing. Explore the Council website to learn more about our goals, mission, and vision and history.
Benefits continue to be added. Current 2016-2018 membership benefits include:
- a subscription to Nursing Outlook, the American Academy of Nursing and the Council's official journal.
- access to conference abstracts and posters.
- reduced registration fees for the Council's Special Topics and State of the Science conferences.
- the ability to network with peers for national advocacy of nursing science.
- the opportunity to publish job postings at a discounted rate on the Council's website.
- the right to serve in appointed capacities.
- access to seed grants for research sponsored by the Council.
- the opportunity to nominate someone or to receive Council Awards.
The membership cycle begins in January and ends in December.
We invite membership from nurses and colleagues from other disciplines as well as international colleagues. Discounted membership is available to members of the Academy, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), any of the four regional nursing research societies (Eastern, Western, Midwest, and Southern), and the National Student Nurses Association (NSNA).
- Individual (regular) - $220/ 2 years
- Individual (discounted*) - $180/ 2 years
- Individual (student/Undergraduate, Masters, & Pre-Doctoral) - $40/year
- Individual, NSNA Member (discounted*) - $36/year
* To qualify for discounted membership, you must show proof of membership to either AAN, STTI, ENRS, MNRS, NSNA, SNRS or WIN on the Council membership form.
We invite societies, universities, and not-for-profit organizations to join the Council as Institutional Members.
- Institutional - Silver Status - $1500 per institution
- Institutional - Gold Status - $2000 per institution
Please click here for details about each institutional package.