Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science
Outstanding Nursing Scientist Award
The 2012 Submission Deadline has now passed.
The purpose of the Outstanding Nursing Scientist Award is to acknowledge Council members whose sustained programs of research have had significant impact on nursing and health care knowledge development with recognizable benefits for nursing practice and health care.
Nominees must be members of the Council in good standing who hold an earned doctorate and are nominated by current Council members (individual or institutional). Nominees must agree to give a short presentation at the 2012 State of the Science Congress on Nursing Research to be held September 13-15th at the Washington Hilton Hotel in Washington, DC.
The award criteria are:
- Outstanding contributions to nursing and health care science through a sustained program of research
- Robust research dissemination and translation for nursing and other disciplines
- Leadership in capacity building related to research conduct, training and policy
- Mentoring of the next generation of nursing scientists
- Nominee, Nominator 1 and nominator 2 contact information (name, work address, e-mail address, phone number)
- A 100-word narrative statement that summarizes the applicant's accomplishments/contributions (to be used in the Onsite Program if the applicant is selected.)
- Nominee's Current Curriculum vitae
- Statements from both nominators (nominators have to be active CANS members and each statment should be 200 words or less) that address the criteria described above. For a sample nomination letter click here.
Nomination materials should be submitted electronically to CANS@AANnet.org