Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science
Brilliant New Investigator Award
The 2012 Submission Deadline has now passed.
The purpose of the Brilliant New Investigator Award is to recognize the contributions of scientists early in their research careers who show extraordinary potential to develop sustained programs of research, have significant impact on science and the practice of nursing health care.
Nominees must be Council members in good standing, be within 7 years following receipt of a doctorate and nominated by current Council members (individual or institutional). Nominees must agree to give a short presentation at the 2012 State of the Science Congress on Nursing Research to be held September 13-15th at the Washington Hilton Hotel in Washington, DC.
The award criteria are:
- Building research productivity (within last 5 years) in an area of major significance to nursing and health care knowledge.
- Research dissemination and translation to practice and/or policy with a growing impact on nursing or other disciplines.
- Emerging leadership related to nursing science advancement.
- Nominee, Nominator 1 and Nominator 2 contact information (name, work address, e-mail address, phone number)
- A 100-word narrative statement summarizing the applicant's accomplishments/contributions (to be used in the Onsite Program if the applicant is selected)
- Nominee's current curriculum vitae
- Statements from both nominators (nominators have to be active CANS members and each statment should be 200 words or less) that address the criteria described above). For a sample nomination letter click here.
Nomination materials should be submitted electronically to CANS@AANnet.org