The purpose of the Brilliant New Investigator Award is to recognize the contributions of scientists early in their research careers who show extraordinary potential to develop sustained programs of research, certain to have significant impact on the science and the practice of nursing and health care. Nominees must be Council members in good standing, be within 7 years following completion of a research doctorate and nominated by current Council members (individual or institutional). Nominees must agree to attend and be acknowledged at the 2018 State of the Science Congress on Nursing Research to be held September 13-15, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency, Washington, DC.
The award criteria are:
- Building research productivity (within last 5 years) in an area of major significance to nursing and health care knowledge
- Research dissemination and translation to practice and/or policy with a growing impact on nursing and other disciplines
- Emerging leadership related to nursing science advancement
- Nominee and nominator contact information (name, work address, e-mail address, phone number)
- A 100-word narrative statement summarizing the applicant's accomplishments/contributions (To be used in the Onsite Program if the applicant is selected.)
- Curriculum vitae
- Statements from two current Council members (not more than 200 words each) that address the criteria described above.