Deadline: March 20, 2018
The Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science is seeking nominations for the following elected positions. These positions begin September 15, 2018.
- Councilor for Finance and Records (1 position; 3-year term)
- Member of the Council for a minimum of two years
- Prior experience as a treasurer or as a fiduciary officer in an organization or an institution
Responsibilities of the Councilor of Finance and Records include but are not limited to:
- Chair of Operating Principles and Policies and Procedures Committee
- Chair of the Finance Committee
- Ensuring that the proceedings of meetings of the Council, Leadership Council, and Executive Committee are accurately recorded
- Reviewing and monitoring revision of the Operating Principles on an annual basis.
- Reviewing and monitoring revisions of the Policies and Procedures manual.
- Ensuring the timely preparation and submission of an annual budget to the Leadership Council in consultation with the Finance Committee and the Council Manager
- Monitoring the collection and dispersion of all funds of the Council in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Providing updates on the Council’s financial status to the Leadership Council and membership of the Council.
- Ensuring that financial reports of the Society are prepared and maintained for review, audit and other needs as required.
- Administering discretionary and reserve funds as directed by the Leadership Council and in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Insuring that an audit of finances is done every three years and is reported to the Leadership Council
- Nominations Committee (2 positions; 2-year term)
Eligibility requirements: CANS member in good standing for at least two years.
Responsibilities: Solicit nominations for Leadership Council positions, verifying members’ eligibility for office, and determine the election slate. The completed slate shall be presented for approval to the Leadership Council.
To be considered for the election slate, the following documents must submitted by March 20, 2018.
- Nominations Form (see below)
2. A 1-2 page biosketch or resumé addressing the following:
- Nominee's professional background.
- Nominee's involvement in CANS, both length of service and experience.
- Nominee's experience as it relates to the position (leadership, program planning, or other relevant experiences).
3. A candidate statement to be included in the Slate of Candidates on the CANS website if the Nominating Committee places your name on the ballot. Your candidate statement should begin with your name, title, institution, and city/state. Then, in 100 words or less, include the following information:
- Your professional background, highlighting pertinent employment, leadership, and CANS or other nursing research society experience.
- Your goals and plans for contributing to the functions of the CANS Leadership Council or Nominating Committee.
Please note: All nominees whose names are placed on the slate of candidates will be required to adhere to the 100 word limit.
All nominees placed on the slate of candidates will be required to submit an electronic photo.
All documents should be sent to Rachael James, email@example.com, by March 20, 2018
Click here for application